httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Boyington" <g...@regex.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to prevent from simple DoS?
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:38:07 GMT
> Thanks. Hoped you had found the silver bullet though. :)

Nope, sadly.  Although I haven't attempted it myself, I've been
wondering of late if using tcp wrappers in combination with httpd
would be effective/advisable.  On our FreeBSD systems, we use a little
python script in combination with hosts.allow that effectively
blackholes all those automated ssh brute force attempts you see from
time to time.  Has anyone on the list wrapped httpd?

-G