httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kenji Kikuchi <kenji.kik...@ctc-g.co.jp>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 rotatelogs.exe on WindowsXP
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:03:25 GMT
Hi All

I have installed apache2.2.3 on Windows XP and am using rotatelogs.exe for ErrorLog directive
like

  httpd.conf
  ---------------
  ErrorLog "| C:/test/logs/rotatelogs.exe C:/test/logs/%Y%m%d_error.log 86400"
  ---------------

rotatelogs.exe seems working correct, but I can't delete the log files from command prompt.

  ---------------
  C:\test\logs>ls
  20071130_error.log  rotatelogs.exe

  C:\work4\logs>del 20071130_error.log

  C:\test\logs>ls
  20071130_error.log  rotatelogs.exe

I would like to delete old log files by script for maintenance work. To delete old logs by
script, I need to kill all rotatelogs.exe process. How can you handle this? Before execute
"del" command, I can delete them from Windows Explore. After "del" command, I can't. Why?

Regards,
Kenji Kikuchi