httpd-users mailing list archives

From js <for...@emat.be>
Subject [users@httpd] Mod_vhost_dbi (or other modules) possibilities
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:04:13 GMT
Hi list,

I want to be able to store my virtual host directives into a mysql
database for two reasons:

    * I want to provide a web based frontend so end users can edit their
      own virtual host.
    * I want configration changes to have immediate effect.

 From what I understood it's quite straight forward to have single
entries stored in the sql database like documentroot or something like that.

Can I store a Virtual's host location based entries in such a setup?  If
so, .. How can I do that ?

                <Location /test1>
                        ProxyPass
http://internalhost:8080/test1
                        ProxyPassReverse
http://internalhost:8080/test1
                </Location>

                <Location /test2>
                        ProxyPass
http://internalhost:8180/test2
                        ProxyPassReverse
http://internalhost:8180/test2
                </Location>

One virtual host can contain more location entries then another,...

If this is not possible with mod_vhost_dbi, are there any other
modules/tools I could use for this ?

Cheers,

Js