httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Hart <tomh...@coopfed.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] active directory authentication
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:43:46 GMT
Timothy Larrea wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to configure apache2 to use active directory authentication
> so I can restrict access to pages via domain security groups, I.e. user
> must be member of certain group in order to be able to view page.
Hi Tim. What you're looking for is mod_authnz_ldap to auth against ad. I
had to whack around a bit to get it working properly, but once I did
it's been working really well. Users do have to re-authenticate (using
FF, not sure about IE) but like other auth schemes it stays for the session.

I would start here http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html
If you have any more problems, do what we all do. Google it, then come
here :-)