httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marc Perkel <m...@perkel.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache randomly quits working after Fedora 8 upgrade
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:26:41 GMT
Kind of puzzling. The problem started after doing an upgrade to Fedora
8. The web server randomly quits working. This morning it showed 5 httpd
processes running.  My settings for number of servers is far higher than
that. Restarting the httpd service fails with it saying that it copuld
not bind to address [::]:80 address already in use. I have to kill the
processes and then start the service. If I run nmap it shows port 80 as
being filtered.

Anyone have an idea whats going on? Thanks in advance.