httpd-users mailing list archives

From Foo JH <jhfoo...@extracktor.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Looking for Windows based commercial LAMP setup
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:25:14 GMT

> Does anyone know the actual status of HTTPD on Windows as a production
> server?  I know lots of people use it, but I have seen articles (and
> so have others in the company) which suggest it is designed as a
> development platform, and not really intended as a production ready
> server.

Windows + Apache is as production ready as any Linux box. What you're
probably more interested in is performance, which then points to the
kind of code you write. For example, modperl ppl use different coding
strategies for linux-based apache compared to Windows-based apache
largely because of the libraries that take advantage of the linux
framework.

But that does not mean Windows + Apache is not production ready. You may
want to understand how exactly Apache is going to work for you.