httpd-users mailing list archives

From Erin Spiceland <e...@thespicelands.com>
Subject [users@httpd] fresh apache install segfaulting (FC7/yum)
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:23:30 GMT
I'm having a problem I hoped you guys could help me with. I'm trying to
set up my laptop as a LAMP server, but I can't get past LA!  Apache
segfaults every single time I try to start it, even if I try to start it
by running /usr/sbin/httpd directly.  apachectul configtest also
segfaults, on line 91 of that script. If I comment out the if/else on
that line, it exits cleanly, but /usr/sbin/httpd still segfaults.  My
apache error log is empty, and SELinux is disabled. I've yum erased and
reinstalled several times, but it always segfaults. Any ideas on how I
can chase this error down? I'm starting a new contract soon -- hopefully
within the week -- so I need to have my devel env set up and running
smoothly before then!

Thanks in advance!

Erin