httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Hart <tomh...@coopfed.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Looking for Windows based commercial LAMP setup
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:19:39 GMT
Andrew Hodgson wrote:
> What I am looking for is a LAMP type setup under Windows, which uses similar security
update techniques as RedHat/other Linux distros out there, i.e., backporting the security
fixes into the current release.  The app uses PHP and Tomcat.

If you googled for even 5 seconds, you would have found this already,
but just in case you didn't

http://www.wampserver.com/

WAMP server is a php/mysql/apache package for windows (built on the same
idea as lamp, except for windows of course) and I've had pretty decent
success with it. I'm not sure about their security update techniques,
these guys just seem to pack the newer versions of each piece when their
released, but if you're looking for WAMP, this is definitely worth a look.