httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jon Forrest <jlforr...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Very Puzzling Question About mod_rewrite
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 00:45:27 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> Likely because your Options directive is applied by-url rather than
> by-directory.
>
> You need
> <Directory /full/path/to/userdirectories/*/public_html>
> Options +Indexes
> </Dirctory>
>
> Or you need to find the Options directive that currently applies to
> those directories and add Indexes.

Thanks. After doing what you suggest I can see a directory
listing of http://www-demo.cchem.berkeley.edu/username/ which
shows the index.html file. However, if I click on index.html
I get a "404 Not Found" error, and the error log says

File does not exist:
/users/chemweb/apache2/http-cchem/htdocs/username/index.html

The rewrite log says:

(2) init rewrite engine with requested uri /username/index.html
  (3) applying pattern '^(.+)$' to uri '/username/index.html'
  (2) rewrite '/username/index.html' -> '/username/index.html/public_html/'
  (2) local path result: /username/index.html/public_html/
  (2) prefixed with document_root to
/users/chemweb/apache2/http-cchem/htdocs/username/index.html/public_html/

I don't think the rewrite rule I'm using is correct.

Cordially,
--
Jon Forrest
Unix Computing Support