httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Malka Cymbalista" <Malki.Cymbali...@weizmann.ac.il>
Subject [users@httpd] Authenticating via a secure LDAP server
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:10:35 GMT
Hello All,
We are running  Apache/2.2.6  with mod_ssl/2.2.6,  OpenSSL/0.9.7a,  PHP/5.2.4,  mod_perl/2.0.3
and
Perl/v5.8.5 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4  machine.
We compiled Apache with the follwing options to configure:
--prefix=/WWW/httpd --with-ldap --enable-ldap --enable-authnz-ldap --enable-rewrite  --enable-speling
--enable-auth-digest --enable-ssl  --with-ssl=/usr/share/ssl --with-mpm=prefork --enable-so
--enable-proxy

We want to use ldap authentication via a remote ldap server that is running in secure mode.

My question is whether we have to install an LDAP SDK and APR. The apache 2.0 documentation
for mod_ldap states very clearly:
SSL support requires that mod_ldap be linked with one of the following LDAP SDKs....

However, the apache 2.2 documentation for mod_ldap is not as clear.  It says:
To enable this module, LDAP support must be compiled into apr-util. This is achieved by adding
the --with-ldap flag to the configure script....
SSL/TLS support is dependant on which LDAP toolkit has been linked to APR

We configured apache with   --with-ldap.  Is this enough or do we need other options for configure?
 Do we have download and install APR in addition?  Do we then have to install an LDAP SDK?
 If we install APR and LDAP SDK, will the documentation explain how to link them together?

I am a bit confused and would appreciate any clarification.
Thanks in advance for any help.

--

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science