httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ashwani Kumar Sharma" <Ashwani_Sha...@mindtree.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] compiling apache on windows with minimum foot print
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 06:30:40 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I want to compile the apache source code without including the extra
modules. So, wanted to know what are those modules.

In my application the apache's work is that it will simply send some jar
files to my user through web that's it. So, I want to reduce the foot print
of the apache so that it can fit into my application with minimum size.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwani Sharma

Mob: 09916454843

Off: +91-80-26265053

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 11:11 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] compiling apache on windows with minimum foot
print

Ashwani Kumar Sharma wrote:
> Hi team,
>

> I want to compile apache with minimum footprint possible on *windows.*
>
> For doing this I want to build it with only those modules without which
> apache cannot be built.
>
> I want to exclude rest of the modules while building.

Generally you'll build with entirely loadable modules as of httpd 2.0, so
it's just a matter of changing the default httpd.conf and commenting out
all those you don't require.  MPM will be compiled in, of course.

Yes, httpd runs (plain file server) with nothing but the core, using what
ever files are in your docroot.

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have
received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this
message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or
in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects.
While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks,
MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating
either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any
improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from
MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the
MindTree e-mail system or else where.