httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Heal" <th...@pace2020.com>
Subject [users@httpd] rewrite or alias
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2007 06:04:14 GMT
I am using apache 1.3 on a debian etch system with a 2.6 kernel. I have www
root redirected from a file in conf.d. I am currently using a symlink in the
redirected root to direct a php file to a different directory in /var/www/
and I would rather use httpd.conf to do this.

Although I am pretty sure that I can use the file in conf.d, that file is
used on other systems for a particular software program that do not have
this php file.

I have tried using an Alias and I get   "401 Authorization Required"

Alias /file.php /var/www/directory/file.php

And a rewrite rule gets me a file not found error

RewriteRule /file.php /var/www/directory/file.php [R]

So do I have the right idea and the wrong syntax or is this even possible?

Thanks

Tony