httpd-users mailing list archives

From Blaine Everingham <bla...@worldweb.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can Apache 2 run mod_perl then php?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:07:13 GMT
I'm still having an issue tying to get this running. Below is what I
have so far, however I believe that the output filter of x-httpd-php
is wrong. I'm not sure where I would find the compiled filter name
for this. Does anyone know?

<Directory "/www/test">
     Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks

       ## Set perl to handle the request
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
       PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
       Options +ExecCGI
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all

     AddOutputFilter x-httpd-php html

</Directory>

At 11:29 AM 15/11/2007, you wrote:
>I know it should be possible.  I've never actually done it but I know
>the theory and can try to point you in the right direction...
>
>You'd want to compile mod_php as a filter, not a handler, and have
>mod_perl run as a response handler.  In addition, you'd want to
>SetOutputFilter PHP for the request and possible have mod_perl set the
>content-type to application/x-httpd-php
>
>Give that a try and see if it does what you want.
>
>   Issac
>
>Blaine Everingham wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think I might of read something somewhere that indicated that Apache
> > 2 could run multiple application layers before displaying content.
> > However, I can not find this again, and any information would be helpful.
> >
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to have
> >
> > 1) Apache run mod perl (obviously it can)
> > 2) Then take the mod_perl resulting page and parse it using PHP
> > 3) Display the output
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Blaine

Blaine Everingham, Software Developer