httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christian Folini <christian.fol...@post.ch>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Many errors with mod-proxy
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:19:27 GMT
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 09:55:31AM +0100, PENIN Guillaume (VFE) wrote:
> I receive at least one error per second from mod-proxy : "proxy recv
> body from upstream server timed out".
>
> Can you explain me what does this error mean ?

> Configuration : Apache 1.3.27

I am not sure about the details, but basically, it means
something along the following:
The connection of the proxy server to the upstream server
(your backend behind the proxy) timed out before the
the response body has been recieved.

This could be a slow backend or a bad timeout setting
on your proxy. But before you do anything: Update your
apache! This is a very old and broken version.
It's likely the problem goes away after an upgrade
to apache 2.2, which solves a proxy timeout issue.

regs,

Christian