httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Bray <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to preload a dll and loading a .js into a .cgi in cgi-bin
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:17:12 GMT
On 25 Nov 2007, at 13:29, CraigT wrote:
> I have tried the LoadFile directive but Apache would not start.
> That's
> why I was asking if there was a way to do it in the startup.pl file.
> The commands that I tried follow and were placed at the end of the
> HTTPD
> file.
>
> LoadFile "C:/usr/www/steepusa/cgi-bin/perlchartdir5005.dll"
> LoadFile "C:/usr/www/steepusa/cgi-bin/perlchartdir5004.dll"
> LoadFile "C:/usr/www/steepusa/cgi-bin/perlchartdir58mt.dll"
> LoadFile "C:/usr/www/steepusa/cgi-bin/perlchartdir58.dll"
> LoadFile "C:/usr/www/steepusa/cgi-bin/perlchartdir56mt.dll"
> LoadFile "C:/usr/www/steepusa/cgi-bin/perlchartdir56.dll"

Are these files cgi scripts? I would guess so as they're in a
directory called cgi-bin, but then again I'm not sure with .dll file
extensions.

If they are cgi scripts, then LoadFile is very much the wrong way to
have apache reference them. Did this system you're installing come
with installation instructions?

> I have been trying to load a .JS file in a script tag in my cgi
> script's
> html.   I have tried loading from directories above and below the
> cgi-bin
> directory and can't seem to get it to work.   Do I need to adjust the
> HTTPD somehow?

We need to see errors from your error log related to the requests for
the javascript files. There could be any number of reasons for these
requests to fail.

[rant]
Please don't top-post.
[/rant]