httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Grant Peel" <gp...@thenetnow.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Server Setup.
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:50:21 GMT
Hi all,

I have what I would call a moderately busy server. It processes about 10
million hits per month. It is a virtual server with about 150 domains on it.

I am seeing a pretty constant cpu load of about 0.5 - 2.0 on the UNIX CPU
(1-5-15 ave) method. At any given time, 5 - 20 domains are showing activity
in apachetop.

I have always wrestled with what these setting should be.

The server has 1 GB real memory.

Here are the settings I am wondering about.

StartServers 25
MinSpareServers 25
MaxSpareServers 35
MaxRequestsPerChild 500
AcceptFilter http httpready
SSLSessionCache shm:/var/tmp/SSLSessionCache
KeepAlive Off
# keKeepAliveTimeout 5
# MaxKeepAliveRequests 500
# TimeOut 30