httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dimitris Thanos" <THA...@unhcr.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Best way to serve pack200 WebStart files. Content negotiation
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:32:04 GMT
Dear all,

The requirements are that:
1) Apache serves the compressed jar.pack.gz file when the encoding accepts pack200-gzip
2) Do that for all the files on the server (not only directory specific)
3) Both the .jar and the .jar.pack.gz should be there, and depending on the negotiation serve
the correct one

I have found in the Web two alternative mechanisms to configure Apache for Web-Start.
One works if I delete the original uncompressed .jar files
The other, I have to create a .var file for each .jar file I want to serve.

Is there a nice clean solution that I can do in the httpd.conf once and for all the directories?

Thanks in advance