httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to modify the default page in Apache 2 ??
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:30:05 GMT
On 10/3/07, ChiaTzung Liu -劉佳宗 <ChiaTzung.Liu@zyxel.com.tw> wrote:
> Hi..
>
>   I think that everyone should know that the default page of Apache is very WHITE when
no default files (index.htm, index.html... etc) in the web directories.
> I hope I can establish a http file server by Apache and let the default page more beautiful
like HFS (http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/). What can I do??

I believe you're talking about the automatic directory listings. If
so, see the documentation for mod_autoindex. There are a ton of
options for styling this, including specifing HeaderName and
ReadmeName files to wrap the file listing, and specifying a custom
stylesheet.

Joshua.