httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache core dump signal 11 after portupgrade from 1.3.37 to 1.3.39, php5-5.2.4
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 19:07:06 GMT
On 10/1/07, David Gessel <gessel@blackrosetech.com> wrote:
> I posted to  freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, and followed the suggestion
> to disable modules, this seems a more apropos group to request
> support from for the following:
>
> The details below are probably overkill.  I've fixed the OpenSSL
> residual false package issue which has reduced warnings, and
> disabling mod.php in httpd.conf got the server working but with the
> following oddities:
>
> Enabling mod.php (5.2.4) still causes Apache to fail on startup as below.
> Disabling mod.php gets Apache running, but it doesn't, only since the
> update, read the virtual hosts section of httpd.conf.  It is clearly
> reading the config file and configtest says "Syntax OK."
>
> I did a portupgrade -ra to 1.3.39 and after a reboot found apache not
> running.  I've poked around and haven't found much that's useful -
> signal 11 being sometimes associated with memory errors (a memory
> test comes up fine, though it is unlikely that an update would crack
> the RAM).  Otherwise few hints.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

You can identify the cause of the core dump by following the
suggestions here to get a backtrace:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html#crashes

The "note reading virtual hosts" section is almost certainly a config
error on your part, although we don't have any details to help you
debug.

Joshua.