httpd-users mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:40:42 GMT
I apologize for implying anything about your emotions. Maybe I am the
only one weeping over RFCs .  Bad specifications cause physical pain
to me. - solprovider

On 10/15/07, Axel-Stephane  SMORGRAV
<Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote:
> Obviously the original poster has an application that only returns the domain part in
the cookie domain, hence the lack of rewriting despite ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain.

> and no I do not make a habit of weeping over RFCs.
>
> -ascs

states, "Domain Defaults to the request-host."  Cookies default to using the FQDN as the Domain
if the Domain is not specified.  Specified domains must start with a period, must be exactly
one level below the server name, and are only returned to servers in the one level above the
period.  Read Section 3.3.2 and weep.  The drafters deliberately made Cookies as limited as
possible.
(e. g. www.cnn.com and www.networksolutions.com).

> I wonder if the leading period is missing from "example.com".
> ".example.com" (leading period) would be sent to www.example.com and www1.example.com.
 "example.com" (no leading period) would only be sent to example.com.  Browsers should add
the leading period if domain is specified.