httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] routing requests to two different servers
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:38:31 GMT

The *concept* isn't unusual - what's complicated is applying the concept
to *HTTP*. I think, rather than having to write a web-server, the OP was
hoping it could be done using config directives - maybe something like:

ProxyPassSplitStream / http://server1
ProxyPassSplitStream / http://server2

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Discarding the output from the test server is difficult, but not
> impossible.  When configuring the server for the above code:
>    Connection1 = client<-->splitter
>    Connection2 = splitter<-->production server
>    Connection3 = splitter<-->test server
> The splitter should compare responses from the production and test
> servers and log the differences.
>
> I am uncertain this functionality should be added to Apache httpd.  I
> recommend writing a simple fast dedicated server to handle splitting,
> logging, and comparing.  That server could be added and removed from
> the production stream without affecting the other servers beyond an IP
> address configuration change.
>
> solprovider

the sender's company.