httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Can we filter out messages going to error log
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:25:41 GMT

Yes.. but not via the config only; the error log doesn't have facilities
like LogFormat and CustomLog and conditional logging that you can use
with the access log.

However, you can still pipe the log to a program, rather than just to a
file. So you can write a perl-script or similar that could filter out
patterns you don't want. See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html#errorlog and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html#piped for ideas.

Rgds,