httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Https proxy on http Virtual Host
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:14:01 GMT

Yes, but not like that...

If the back-end is an HTTPS server, then the front-end (ie your apache)
has to talk SSL to it. To do this, it needs to use mod_ssl and special
directives to contact a back-end HTTPS server (see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html)

By the way, I guess the back-end is a legacy server that you can't
change? Otherwise, it is pretty silly to do this since the connection
from the client to the front-end will be plain HTTP and it makes no
sense to protect data for only part of its journey.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> If yes I can to do this ?
>
> Regards
> Marco Bronzetti
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the
> persons above and may contain confidential information. If
> you have received the message in error, be informed that any
> use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it
> immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you
> have any questions, please contact us by replying to
> webmaster@telecomitalia.it.
>
>         Thank you
>
>                                         www.telecomitalia.it

the sender's company.