httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:13:08 GMT
 ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain does not change the cookie name - only the domain field of the
cookie.

Use LiveHTTPHeaders on Mozilla or similar (like Ethereal, burpproxy...) to see exactly what
the browser receives (Set-Cookie header) and what it subsequently sends to the server in terms
of cookies (if any). Use ethereal to see what the application server issues.

The cookie domain normally only contains domain elements e.g. .mydomain.com, so the fact that
it does not contain the host part is not surprising. Maybe you do not need to rewrite the
cookie domain at all...

Check also whether the cookie is issued with a specific path and whether that could be the
reason why your browser does not submit the cookie.

-ascs
________________________________

De : Skiff Lad [mailto:skifflad@yahoo.co.uk]
Envoyé : mardi 2 octobre 2007 14:59
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : [users@httpd] Problems with ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain

Hi,

I seem to have a problem / misunderstanding regarding the use of the ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain
directive on 2.2.4 on Windows.

I have www.mydomain.com   running 2.2.4. Within the httpd.conf file, I have a number of redirect
directive statements that send a user, based on the URL, eg. www.mydomain.com/site1   to www1.mydomain.com
  etc. This all works fine so that the user arrives on the www1 box and there is a cookie
correctly set with name www1.mydomain.com

So far so good.

It now transpires that I need to use ProxyPass to pass the parameters coming in on the request
to www.mydomain.com   onto www1.mydomain.com   - as redirect doesn't send these initial parameters
across.

So, my httpd.conf file (on www.mydomain.com ) now looks like:

    ProxyPass /site1 http://www1.mydomain.com
    ProxyPassReverse /site1 http://www1.mydomain.com

I also added the following ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain directive:

    ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain www1.mydomain.com  www.mydomain.com

But nothing seems to be happening. When I access www.mydomain.com/site1 , there is a cookie
correctly created (with the right contents etc), however, it is named simply mydomain.com,
ie. there is no www. nor www1. prefixing - this breaks subsequent processing on the www1.mydomain.com
 box because there is no cookie named accordingly.

What am I doing wrong ? Do I need anything else ? Or am I being plain stupid ?

Thanks
Skiff