httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse not working as documented??? (Apache 2.2)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:21:42 GMT
Whenever possible I try to avoid modifying the URL path when reverse proxying. Then mod_proxy_html
is not needed and you save some CPU cycles.

<Location /flickr>
    ProxyPass http://www.flickr.com/flickr
    ProxyPassReverse http://www.flickr.com/flickr
</Location>

-ascs

________________________________

De : proteus guy [mailto:proteusguy@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 28 septembre 2007 21:50
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse not working as documented??? (Apache 2.2)

Thanx Joshua,

    I do have the mod_proxy_html going now and it works as expected. You're right about "not
rewriting URL references inside html" as being pretty categorical - but we tend to see what
we want to see and that following sentence implied just what I was looking for so I was perfectly
capable of ignoring the prior inconvenient bit. :)

    -- Ben

	Ok. Sorry for my slightly snarky response. But your problem is in the
	interpretation of the term "relative URL". This is referring to URLs
	that don't start with a slash, rather than URLs that don't start with
	a hostname and scheme. And anyway, the sentence just before this says
	"nor will it rewrite URL references inside HTML pages", which is
	pretty clear and categorical in itself.