httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sikora, Stephen G (PA62)" <stephen.g.sik...@honeywell.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] APACHE - Resolving The Display of Extended Character Sets...
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:17:26 GMT
Understood,

The servers support an Enginering/scientifc group and extended characters are just what they
do...
Trying to wrap-up some other issues; but hope to return to the symbols within the day...

Thanks!

Steve
Technology Enabler
215-641-3040
õ¿õ¬

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:19 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] APACHE - Resolving The Display of Extended Character Sets...

Sikora, Stephen G (PA62) wrote:

> We have two apache servers - one on Windows (Apache/1.3.27) the other on Linux (Apache/2.2.4
(Unix))
> When the we discovered the v1.3.27 Win-server displaying the degree symbol with question
marks we added the ISO-8859-1 character set and the problem was resolved.  When the problem
appeared on the newly deployed v2.2.4 Linux-Server we followed a similar fix.  But with out
success.

I have two words for you, serious vulnerabilities.

Please get that win box up to 2.2.4, or at least 2.0.59, ASAP.