httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt Brock <mbr...@gameaccount.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems making exceptions to Apache authentication
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:20:31 GMT
Hi.

I'm applying some authentication across all of a site site using the
following:

<Location "/*">
          AuthName "NAME"
          AuthType Basic
          AuthUserFile /usr/local/www/.htpasswd
          AuthGroupFile /dev/null
          require user USER
</Location>

However, there is one specific URL pattern that I need to make an
exception for. This seems like it should be a simple thing but I
can't find any ways of doing this within a Location directive. I
can't use a Directory directive (for which there _would_ be ways of
getting around this, e.g. using Satisfy combined with host access, or
making exceptions with a Files directive) because dynamic content
needs to be included, and our dynamic content is sent to JBoss over
mod_jk and none of this dynamic content gets authenticated if I use a
Directory directive, which makes the whole thing useless.

I've really been struggling with this for some time now and would
very much appreciate any input.

Many thanks.

Matt.

--