httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Milanese <milanesefami...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie problem - can only get 'It Works'
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:14:21 GMT
Are you sure you're editing the right file?

Do a :

find / -name index.html | grep 'It Works'

----- Original Message ----
From: Robert A. Rawlinson <rarawlinson@cinci.rr.com>
To: opensuse@opensuse.org; Apache2 Users <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 11:11:43 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Newbie problem - can only get 'It Works'

I installed apache2 on my Suse Linux 10.2 system. I wanted to make some
changes to an existing perl script and test them out. I decided to check
to be sure the script, which has been working, would work on my machine.
All I can get is 'It Works!'. I edited the index.html script to invoke
the script to test it but I just get the original it works. I have
checked and the index.html at /srv/www/htdocs has the changes I made but
it still seems to only show the old html. Where am I going wrong?
Bob R
Below is the html:
<head>
<title>Test Script/title>