httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun T. Erickson" <sterick...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Struggling with Apache 2.0.54 & mod_rewrite
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 14:51:07 GMT
I have been scratching my head over this for hours ...

I'm trying accomplish this:

If the UserAgent is not ABCD, and the request is for either /dir1/ or
/dir1-test/ then it should be rewritten to /dir1/info/

The idea is that only UAs of ABCD should get served the index file in
/dir1/ or /dir1-test/ and all others should get served the index file
in /dir1/info/ instead.

Additionally, if the UA is not ABCD and they explicitly request the
index file by name, in either directory, they should also get
redirected to /dir1/info/

It isn't clear to me whether the directives belong in /.htaccess or in
/dir1/.htaccess and /dir1-test/.htaccess and I'm still struggling to
come up with the right directives as well.

There are already .htaccess files in /dir1/ and /dir1-test/ that
define what the index file for that directory is, and that works fine.
The index file in the info dir is just index.html.
--
        -ste