httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Milanese <milanesefami...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Web server fail over setup
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:42:23 GMT
Hey-

   I ran LVS for about 5 years, mostly while it was in its infancy. We do over a billion hits
a year, and I had it running on VERY small machines, heading 4 others with many Vhosts. It
cost a couple of grand for the two boxes.

  The result of this was proof that we needed the solution, and we should invest money in
it.

  A couple of years ago, we replaced the LVS boxes with F5's. The F5's are linux based, and
get the job done quite well. It's going to cost about 30k+ to get involved though. They have
been doing the job quite well ever since, and route about 30 virts to various backend devices.

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html