httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to run encrypted executable through apache?
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:52:49 GMT
On 13/10/2007, sarta53 <sarta53@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Indeed it does work, and the permissions are 755.  Here is the output:
>
> [cgi-bin]$ ss.pl.x

> <head><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="">
> <title>screen</title>
> <script language=javascript>

I can only guess that something must be different between the user
environment for yourself and the apache user. You might try passing
some environment variables, or else getting your script to output some
debugging information.

PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH

That's just a guess though, there can be any number of reasons why
your binary isn't running correctly. Perhaps the facility you've used
to produce the encrypted binary needs access to some library path
that's in your environment but not the server's?

--
noodl