httpd-users mailing list archives

From "j k" <jonnyk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Supporting two PHP installations
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 04:00:14 GMT
On 10/10/07, gerocoma-forophp@yahoo.com <gerocoma-forophp@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have php4 and php5 installed into
> the same apache installation telling apache that
> some files should be executed using php4 and some
> others using php5 even if they all have the same
> extension (.php)?
>
> I'm thinking about 2 virtual hosts or applying some
> directory rules or listening to different ports...
> but not sure....
>
> We'll use Windows 2000 + Apache 2.
>
> Thanks ;-)

I'm doing that on my home windows box which isn't exposed outside the local
network so it doesn't have the very latest versions of php but here's what I
did which works on my pc:
I put php4 in one directory and php5 in another you can see where in the
hhtp.conf excerpts below.
So it ends up with reading C:\WINNT\php.ini for php4 and K:\php-
5.2.0\ini\ctb\php.ini for php5
php4 is running as an apache moduke and php5 as CGI but you might well do it
the other way around.

As an aside be warned that PHP4 is reaching endof life 12/21/07 and has
numerous serious bugs present even in the latest version. These are fixed in
the latest version of PHP5 so don't plan on having php4 hanging around for
long.

OK here's the relevant sections in http.conf:

#LoadModule php5_module "K:\php-5.2.0\php5apache.dll"
LoadModule php4_module "K:\php-4.4.4-Win32\php4apache.dll"
#AddModule mod_php5.c
AddModule mod_php4.c

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
ServerName localhost
DocumentRoot "I:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs"
SetEnv PHPRC "K:/php-4.4.4-Win32"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
ServerName ctb
DocumentRoot "I:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/php5dir"
ServerAdmin webmaster@yourdomain.com
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm
SetEnv PHPRC K:/php-5.2.0/ini/ctb
# you need this next line to make the action line below work
ScriptAlias /php/ "K:/php-5.2.0/"
AddHandler php5-script .php .html
Action php5-script "/php/php-cgi.exe"
ErrorLog logs/error.cttb.log