httpd-users mailing list archives

From steve sawtelle <sws...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Strange performance issue
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:13:06 GMT
You may want to try a network monitor to see what's actually going on. I use Network Spy on
the PC. The freeware version just nags once in a while but otherwise is pretty complete. It
will show all the transactions and may give some indication as to where  things are going
slow.

- Steve

Tim Nelson <timnels@gmail.com> wrote: I've got a vanilla Apache 2.0 server up on RHEL4.
 HTML pages have a
bizarre 20 second delay in returning them to the client.  Here are the
details:

1. HostNameLookups is off for this virtual host
2. I've disabled SELinux to rule that out
3. There doesn't seem to be many network collisions so I am ruling out
the network for the moment.
4. wget on the localhost of a page returns WITHOUT a delay.
5. Hitting simple Perl CGI scripts returns WITHOUT a delay (however
hitting http://my.domain.com/cgi-bin/test.pl/foo IS slow  ... meaning
a URL with PATH_INFO is slow)
6. I don't have any special modules installed.
7. I have a single address listening on 8080 and a single virtual host.

Can someone give me some ideas to try and debug this?
Thanks.