httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] routing requests to two different servers
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:04:09 GMT
Good point.  The test driver mentioned is a 'fake client' that will send
a request to the server under test, get the reply from the server under
test and do some sort of analysis.  The reply from the production server
would follow the same route as always back to the real client.

We already do this in a rather crude way by using a file of URLs
gathered from production to drive testing but I think a simpler and more
realistic test scheme would be to just split the stream of production
requests and direct one stream to the servers under test.

Thanks for your insight,
-=bill

Boyle Owen wrote:
> [...]
the sender's company.