httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Hart <tomh...@coopfed.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Make apache sleep
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:29:02 GMT
I don't know about anything in apache to do this, but there are a couple
other options that popped into mind, depending on what exactly you're
trying to test.

The first is netlimiter (http://www.netlimiter.com) that will let you
simulate network congestion/low bandwidth scenarios, with a little work.

The second possibility is only if you're running windows (sure there's a
way to do this in *nix, but I'm no guru). Get something running on an
open loop (kill cpu cycles) and set the priority of the httpd to low, to
simulate processor bogdown.

A combination of these two might get you close to where you want to be,
but if they don't I'm pretty sure there are more 3rd party applications
(on windows at least) that should help you simulate the conditions
you're trying to.