httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Palmer <rob...@greetin.gs>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need help
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:33:21 GMT
I've been running a number of low volume sites on a 1.5M dsl with 128k
uplink for five+ years.

dyndns is excellent but now charge for new accounts and there are free
services available.

You didn't say if you were Linux or Windows. I use Linux, on an older
box with ddclient to update dns. The Linux box is also firewall and smtp
server.

You say you want to learn? If so I'd forget the cms and include mysql.
With html, php and mysql you can build from scratch. You really need a
end goal if you're going to use a cms ie it's mostly about config).

I'd also forget the water and buy a six pack.