httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Windows compile of Apache 2.0.61 with SSL fails...
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:45:06 GMT
Stusynski, Dan wrote:
> I tried compiling Apache 2.0.61 on Windows with ZLIB and SSL and the
> build fails.
>
> I receive the following error:
>
>  cd modules\ssl
>  NMAKE  -f mod_ssl.mak CFG="mod_ssl - Win32 Release" RECURSE=0
> .\Release\mod_ssl.so
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
>  if not exist ".\Release/" mkdir ".\Release"
> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
> '"..\..\srclib\openssl\inc32\openssl\fips.h"'

> I noted that the file "..\..\srclib\openssl\inc32\openssl\fips.h" does
> not seem to exist in my openSSL build. I also proceeded to build without
> ZLIB merely to rule out any issue it could be causing and the build
> still fails with the above error.

Right :)

Back to your openssl build with you, did you follow the instructions at

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/win_compiling.html

perl Configure no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-idea enable-zlib VC-WIN32 -Ipath/to/srclib/zlib
ms\do_masm.bat
nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

I am guessing you didn't run openssl Configure and one of it's methods are still
pointing at fips-stuff.  Also note this tree;

http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/patches_applied/

has a patch we applied for both, although I'm working to mop those up a bit
so there are fewer changes.

Bill