httpd-users mailing list archives

From Francoise Koenig-Jost <j...@esrf.fr>
Subject Re: Re: [users@httpd] library path for external rewriting program for mod_rewrite
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:25:44 GMT
Thanks for your fast answer. It does not solve my problem.

Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:34:40 +0200
> Francoise Koenig-Jost <jost@esrf.fr> wrote:
>

>> - I tried to add:
>>      SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> "/www/httpd-2.2.6/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib" in apache
>> configuration file, it does not change anything.
>>

> For an external script, you'll want PassEnv.
>
> Actually, if it's a RewriteMap, that may be different (haven't
> checked).  Set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in apachectl, too.

As you suggested, I tried PassEnv, it does not change anything for my
RewriteMap external python script.

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH defined in apachectl is fine, it has /usr/local/lib
where the needed libgcc_s.so.1 resides.

I also tried changing the first line of my script from:

#!/opt/python/bin/python

to:

#!/usr/bin/env /opt/python/bin/python

It does not work either...

>> But since I don't like to mess up the system installation
>> directories, I'd like to know what I should do to set the
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the python script. (remember, it works with
>> Apache 1.3.27).
>>

> We've had a lot of security updates since Apache 1.3.27.

Maybe to many ;-)

For the moment, I'll put a symbolic link to /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
in /usr/lib . Maybe there is something to take into consideration here
for a future release of mod_rewrite, at least in documenting the
use/limitation of external RewriteMap programs.

Anyway, thanks again and best regards,

Francoise Koenig