httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.0 binary download
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:52:34 GMT
Ashwani Kumar Sharma wrote:
> Yeah that's true,
>
> There are no binaries for apache 2.2.0 on that url. I have downloaded the
> source code for same from
>  http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/
>
> I am facing some build problems.
>
> Is it true that apache 2.2.0 is not a stable version. Please suggest me the
> stable version for apache.

Uhm - yea.  You read the win32 download page right?  Where it said "Looking
for an earlier version, Please Don't"?

The downloads page has the current stable version(s) 2.2.4 or 2.2.6 - if you
are a modperl or fastcgi user - stick with .4 for your own sanity.

Perhaps 2.2.0 isn't there because it barely built, never mind running right,
on win32?  Just curious why you would be so obsessed with sticking to a .zero
release?

Bill