httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hermidio A. Rodriguez Chavez" <hermi...@ipiscpt.rimed.cu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_autoindex
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:15:39 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 10/5/07, Hermidio A. Rodriguez Chavez <hermidio@ipiscpt.rimed.cu> wrote:
>> Joshua Slive wrote:
>
>>> What EXACTLY did you use for your HeaderName/ReadmeName configuration?
>>> Do you understand the difference between the config with a leading
>>> slash (where the Header/Readme is always taken from the same place)
>>> and without a leading slash (where it is taken relative to the served
>>> directory)? What is in the error log?
>
>> friend, that directives work fine at the first directory(document root)
>> but when i access another directory appear to not work under subfolders
>>
>> heres and example:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>> ServerName index.ipiscpt.rimed.cu
>> DocumentRoot /home/index
>> <Directory /home/index>
>> #FancyIndexing on
>> #AddDescription "One of our wonderful catalogs" catalog_summer.html
>> #    catalog autumn.html
>> IndexIgnore *.jpg
>> IndexIgnore  ..
>> IndexIgnore  icons HEADER.htm README.htm
>> HeaderName HEADER.htm
>> ReadMeName README.htm
>> #IndexOptions ShowForbidden
>> </Directory>
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> when o try index.ipiscpt.rimed.cu HEADER.htm and README.htm work fine,
>> then i have another directory in /home/index/ named
>> test(/home/index/text) when i access it i can't see the HEADER & README.
>>
>> i think you can undestand my questions
>
> You only answered one of my three questions. So I'll repeat the other two:
>
> 1. Is there a HEADER.htm and README.htm in EVERY directory that you
> are showing (not just the root)?
>
> 2. Does the error_log say anything interesting?
>
> Joshua.

Hey friend i just fix the problem , as you say i should have this files
on every directory inside the root folder, then i create a alias for the
directory where reside readme and header because on that way the files
allways are accesible.

heres what i do

apache2.conf

inside alias module

Alias /file/ "/home/updates/.data/"

     <Directory "/home/updates/.data">
         Options Indexes MultiViews
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

virtual host

         HeaderName /file/test.html
         ReadmeName /file/readme.html

and every things are OK

Thanks you in special and the others on the list

Hermidio