httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hermidio A. Rodriguez Chavez" <hermi...@ipiscpt.rimed.cu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_autoindex
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:57:47 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 10/5/07, Hermidio A. Rodriguez Chavez <hermidio@ipiscpt.rimed.cu> wrote:
>> Hellow friends:
>>
>> i like to configure one debian mirror and want to add HeaderName,
>> ReadMeName inside the virtual host, every things are ok at the first
>> page , but when i try access another directory inside the root folder
>> the files configure in this directive not work or can't see it, only
>> can see the directorys and file, i like configure it as this site
>> http://ftp.at.debian.org/ or anothers debian mirrors.
>
> What EXACTLY did you use for your HeaderName/ReadmeName configuration?
> Do you understand the difference between the config with a leading
> slash (where the Header/Readme is always taken from the same place)
> and without a leading slash (where it is taken relative to the served
> directory)? What is in the error log?
>
> Joshua.

friend, that directives work fine at the first directory(document root)
but when i access another directory appear to not work under subfolders

heres and example:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName index.ipiscpt.rimed.cu
DocumentRoot /home/index
<Directory /home/index>
#FancyIndexing on
#AddDescription "One of our wonderful catalogs" catalog_summer.html
#    catalog autumn.html
IndexIgnore *.jpg
IndexIgnore  ..
IndexIgnore  icons HEADER.htm README.htm
HeaderName HEADER.htm
ReadMeName README.htm
#IndexOptions ShowForbidden
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

when o try index.ipiscpt.rimed.cu HEADER.htm and README.htm work fine,
then i have another directory in /home/index/ named
test(/home/index/text) when i access it i can't see the HEADER & README.

i think you can undestand my questions

Thanks

Hermidio