httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to modify the default page in Apache 2 ??
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:45:44 GMT
ChiaTzung Liu -劉佳宗 wrote:
> Hi..
>
>   I think that everyone should know that the default page of Apache is very WHITE when
no default files (index.htm, index.html... etc) in the web directories.

If you have no default files in your directory, then you will be given a
  404 error, by default this will be whatever your local browser
displays as a 404 error message.  This can be altered to show a custome
error page:

ErrorDocument 404 /path/to/404-error.html

> I hope I can establish a http file server by Apache and let the default page more beautiful
like HFS (http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/). What can I do??
If you want to use a service similar to HFS, then you need to look at
MOD_DAV - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav.html
and
MOD-DAV_FS - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav_fs.html

That is, if I understand your request properly.

Cheers,
Tony