httpd-users mailing list archives

From Apa...@aandd.org
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.6 and CGI problem.
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:37:46 GMT
I'm a newbie to Apache and throwing myself on the wisdom of the list.

I'm running FreeBSD6.2 in a jail with Apache 2.2.6.

The basic set-up works but I'm having problems with dynamic HTML and cgi
scripts. I'm using perl for my testing.

Going through the HowTo I can invoke the script as a direct URL.
I can make a tag with an href of "/cgi-bin/xxx.pl" and clicking on the link
brings up the script's result. So it looks like I have the CGI rules
configured correctly.

But no matter what I've tried I can't get the text into the HTML page when
it loads initially. I've tried:
  #exec cgi="/cgi-bin/xxx.pl"
and a number of tags that shouldn't and didn't work. All I see are the HTML
tags. Including all my failed attempts as place holders for my stupidity.

I must be missing a config item somewhere but I can't see it.

Config that I've update are:

<IfModule alias_module>
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/"
</IfModule>

<IfModule mime_module>
     TypesConfig mime.types
     AddType application/x-compress .Z
     AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz
     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
</IfModule>

<Directory "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/">
     AllowOverride None
     Options +ExecCGI +Includes
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

I don't believe I need the "+Includes" as I'm not doing anything with shtml
  at this point.

If anyone sees anything I've missed it would be great if they would
enlighten my ignorance.

Thanks