httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Craig" <mark.a.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Compiling module under Windows for Apache 2.2.4 with APXS.BAT/.PL
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:40:42 GMT
I've been making futile efforts to compile a module, mod_httpbl.c, and
not having any luck.  I found and installed (or at least think I have)
the contents of apxs_win32.zip, with which William/Bill Rowe seems to
have had some involvement.  However, when I try to follow the
recommended instructions for compiling this module, it fails with
various errors.  Along the way I discovered that apxs.bat used a
long-filename reference to perl.exe, but it wasn't properly quoted and
it was failing to find perl.exe, so I had to actually edit apxs.bat and
change the reference to 8.3 format.

The command I'm instructed to use to compile it is:

apxs -c -i -a mod_httpbl.c

When I try this from a Command window in \bin\ and the .c file in that
same directory, I get the following response:

cl  /nologo /MD /W3 /O2 /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D NDEBUG
-I"C:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\Apache2.2\include"  /c /Fomod_httpbl.lo mod_httpbl.c

'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

Is it going to be practical to compile this module?  I may be in far
over my head.

Mark