httpd-users mailing list archives

From ChiaTzung Liu -劉佳宗 <ChiaTzung....@zyxel.com.tw>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to use the directive of "Redirect"??
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:10:54 GMT
Alias only can be used for "URL" to "physical path", such as "Alias /MyWeb /home/Aslan". But
now I want to chnage URL to the other URL. Here I describe my problem more detail as following:

Alias /myweb/Aslan /home/Aslan
<Directory "/home/Aslan">
</Directory>

Now, I want to change the url "/myweb/Aslan" to "/Aslan". I try to the directive "Redirect
/myweb/Aslan /Aslan", but it can't work!!
Please don't tell me change "Alias /myweb/Aslan /home/Aslan" to "Alias /Aslan /home/Aslan".
The words of "Alias /myweb/Aslan /home/Aslan" can't be changed by some reasons.
Does any good method to do it?

Thanks very much!! ^^

________________________________

From: JeffHua@aol.com [mailto:JeffHua@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 4:45 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to use the directive of "Redirect"??

In a message dated 2007-10-12 16:22:44 中国标准时间, ChiaTzung.Liu@zyxel.com.tw writes:

	Hi..

	  Does anyone ever use the directive of Redirect? I saw it's document on the web, and it
seems to redirect pages to "Specific URL", such as "Redirect /myweb http://www.yahoo.com".
But if I only want to redirect one page to others whch in the same host, such as "Redirect
/myweb /mybook". How can I do? Has there any parameter which can represent the server's IP
address??

use Alias.

See what's new at AOL.com <http://www.aol.com?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170>  and Make AOL
Your Homepage <http://www.aol.com/mksplash.adp?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001169> .