httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ashwani Kumar Sharma" <Ashwani_Sha...@mindtree.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Send CTRL_C event to the apache code on windows
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:06:13 GMT
Hi folks,

On windows:

I am spawning apache web server (not in console mode) from my C binary.
I want to kill apache by sending some signal from my C through. Since apache
spawns two processes I am not able to kill both process through normal
procedure.

But if we run apache web server from console directly we can kill it by
hitting CTRL-C from the console. My problem is
Can I kill the apache web server by doing some similar things from my C code?
If yes how to do it.

Reg,
Ashwani

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have
received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this
message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or
in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects.
While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks,
MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating
either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any
improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from
MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the
MindTree e-mail system or else where.