httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Milanese <milanesefami...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Web Farm Ideas
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:28:52 GMT
Greetings-

    I am coming up with ideas for building a new farm. We currently run CF and Apache on a
bunch of decent sized boxes, headed by a set of F5's. We have an isolated Dev Environment.
The current framework for putting stuff into production is homegrown, and in need of an overhaul,
I just want to see if there is something out there to assist, or if our model is wrong at
this point. We do a bit over a billion hits per annum.  Now, I would like to brainstorm architectural
changes.

Workflow as it is now:

Developer works on dedicated dev server->

Developer goes to web interface in order to select items to go into production (php/rsync)
->

Submit process "stages" selected files (copies them into a local heirarchy) ->

Cron syncs that local "staging area" to the production servers.

How do larger organizations do this?
How are uploads handled?
Shared storage?

I think I'm just looking for other ideas.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy)
at Yahoo! Games.