httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew A. Bockol" <mboc...@carleton.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Supporting two PHP installations
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:17:24 GMT

Hi,

There are two ways I know how to do this:

1) Install both the php4 and 5 libraries, but have two httpd.conf files and start two instances
of apache+children, one with each. You'll need two IP addresses OR two different ports on
the same IP address, though, so it's not the same as a namevirtualhost.

2) Install php4 *or* 5 libraries, set aside a directory that will not automatically process
.php files, and make sure to include a #!c:/path/to/other/php (or similar, I'd do this under
linux so I'm not sure of the Win32 convention) at the top of the scripts placed there.

Matt

----- Original Message -----
From: gerocoma-forophp@yahoo.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:50:23 AM (GMT-0600) America/Chicago
Subject: [users@httpd] Supporting two PHP installations

Hi,

Is it possible to have php4 and php5 installed into
the same apache installation telling apache that
some files should be executed using php4 and some
others using php5 even if they all have the same
extension (.php)?

I'm thinking about 2 virtual hosts or applying some
directory rules or listening to different ports...
but not sure....

We'll use Windows 2000 + Apache 2.

Thanks ;-)