httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Bertels <p...@stefan-bertels.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] web server with and without WebDAV (two directories)
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:59:27 GMT
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Use RemoveHandler (or RemoveFilter) to remove the file-extension
> mappings in those directories.

Thanks for the fast answer. I might add additional handlers later and
have to remove them in each web dav folder individually. If I
forget this I get some insecure server. This is sub-optimal.

Is there an easy solution to have some standard apache server
(including php and all the other features, additional handlers etc) and
use this server with WebDAV, too?

I tried to enable WebDAV only for sub-directories, but this was not
successful (perhaps because the WebDAV client = MS Windows
Explorer tries to access the root using WebDAV, too).

The WebDAV folders should be accessible by DAV (of course) and one
should be able to download files using a browser. The browser mode
should be save (no execution of anything) and just allow simple file
download (something like "RemoveAllHandlers").

If this is not possible on a per-directory basis, I would like to have
a secure file server only (that means DAV enabled and "safe"
browser-mode for downloads without WebDAV client).

Stefan