httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hugh Williams <hu...@soco.agilent.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Using apache to forward request to CGI and a apache instance
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:32:36 GMT
Michael Librodo wrote:
> Hi Folks-
>
> I am unable to find information in the docs and the archive. I have a
> problem where I have a request that needs to be directed to a CGI hosted by
> the webserver. At the same time I need to have that same request forwarded
> to another instance of Apache webserver running on a different host. Is it
> possible to do this. I was looking at PROXYPASS but will that completely
> bypass the CGI. To give it an analogy, I need a cable splitter that would
> take the input and split it to different TVs :).
>
> Thanks

You could try modifying the CGI tool so that before it does what it is
supposed to do, it returns a redirect page to the browser to send it on
to the other Apache instance.  (I'm presuming that your CGI as currently
configured does not interact with the browser, otherwise you are
effectively attempting to have the browser respond to two servers at
once, which I don't think is possible.)

hugh

--
 Hugh Williams                  "More men are killed by overwork than the
 hugh_williams@agilent.com       importance of the world justifies."